The space created by missing teeth can lead to further decay in your mouth, as well as making it more difficult to eat. This is why replacement teeth are an essential part of dental care.
Dentures are one of the most common forms of replacement teeth, but they go far beyond the traditional detachable dentures you’ve likely already seen. Learn what you can get when you come to Smalltown Dental.
If you’re only missing some of your teeth, you may be a good candidate for partial dentures. These are detachable like traditional dentures, but they have spaces to accommodate all the natural teeth you still have.
If you’re only missing teeth in one area of your mouth, we may recommend a dental bridge instead.
Overdentures snap into place on top of implants but can be removed for cleaning. We use them with patients who:
- are missing most or all of their teeth.
- have enough jawbone density to support the implants.
Implant-support dentures are the most common form of overdentures. Many patients like them because they:
- don't require any adhesives or powders.
- are secure and comfortable.
- preserve the jawbone and restore lip support.
- maintain your facial structure.
- minimize wrinkles.